Church and ex-Convent of Santa Rosa Viterbo
In 1669, daughters of two prominent Queretarans embraced
religious life and to begin, with two small adobe cells
were built for them.
Once place of worship was added in mid 18th century, it
was decided to build Royal Baterio de Santa Rosa
Viterbo (Royal Beguine Convent of Santa Rosa Viterbo).
One side of the twin facades, characteristic of nun's
churches, there are two flying buttresses, cupola and
The baroque magnificence of the interior is amazing,
particularly the chorus and wrought iron railing of the
enclosure, from where the nuns attended mass.
The golden alter pieces envelope images, pulpits and
confessionals, and the sacristy contains excellent
paintings and furniture.
Today, the building houses "School of Graphic